We took notes on this PowerPoint today before I assigned the News Story Package Group Project due June 2nd. We will need to continue to go through it tomorrow.
Homework: Watch two more news story packages (here are some sites with sample packages–or try YouTube or SchoolTube) and jot down in list format what you noticed that they did to produce the package and what was done well.
Also, please include with your notes a 1/2 page reflection on the choice projects–which one you liked best, how you felt about the process of creating two projects at once, what issues you faced, etc.
You first submitted your notebooks, and from there, I gave you the hour to work on your digital portfolios. The link to your published site is due to the linked spreadsheets for third and fourth hour by tonight at 11:59 p.m. Make sure to check all requirements. We will be doing individual conferences next week in randomized order to discuss and share your digital portfolios (this will also be in continued preparation for your May 16th OFFICIAL mock interview).
Homework: Journal #5 (with word count) is due to turnitin.com by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday night as well as this Socratic Seminar prep worksheet for Monday.
I gave you some more time today to work on your digital portfolios, and I will give you time tomorrow as well. The link is due to the linked spreadsheets for third and fourth hour by tomorrow night at 11:59 p.m. Make sure to check all requirements. We will be doing individual conferences next week in randomized order to discuss and share your digital portfolios (this will also be in continued preparation for your May 16th OFFICIAL mock interview).
You also had time to check on your notebooks from MP 4-5 due tomorrow in class using this checklist. Don’t worry if the dates are a little off.
Homework: Pgs. 93-128 in The Last Lecture and Journal #5 (with word count below) is due to turnitin.com by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday night.
I will give you TLL discussion/socratic seminar preparations tomorrow for Monday.
We first read either our SSR book or The Last Lecture during independent reading time. Afterwards, I had you create another wall today as my two RW classes regarding quotes of inspiration either from Randy Pausch, you, a celebrity of some sort, someone you know, etc.
Once completed, you worked on journal #4 that is due tonight. Remember, if a certain topic does not seem to inspire you, feel free to pick a quote or another topic of your own choosing to respond to; just make sure to let me know in the entry itself.
I will give you time tomorrow to work on your digital portfolio (link to Google spreadsheet by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, read pgs. 94-128 in The Last Lecture for Friday, check through your notebook for Friday, or work on Journal entry #5 due Sunday night by 11:59 p.m.
We spent the day in the library working on our digital portfolios that are due Friday. We used this checklist to make sure we are on the right track. Portfolio links will be pasted into this Google Spreadsheet for third hour and this one for fourth hour by 11:59 on Friday night, 5/5. You will be presenting these 1-1 to me in class Monday and Tuesday.
Here’s the notebook checklist for your notebooks to be submitted on Friday in class.
Homework: Pgs. 73-93 in The Last Lecture (audio linked) and bring your SSR book!
Hello, my people!
Today, in the library, you worked to complete the following:
- Show me the two interview questions answered on your digital portfolio, and look over the rest of the requirements for your digital portfolio (below) that you will need to complete before submitting the link to me on Friday along with your notebooks (I will get you a rubric ASAP). We will, on Monday 5/8 and likely into Tuesday 5/9, be doing brief “interviews” where you will show me around your digital portfolios individually. Have someone read over these for grammar errors before you show me.
- Work on Journal #3 due tonight by 11:59 p.m.—make sure the WC is at the bottom of your entries from here on out.
- Read TLL for Wednesday pgs. 73-93
We will be back in the library tomorrow for Digital Portfolio work time. Please, again, look over requirements for pages below. I will have a detailed checklist for you tomorrow to use to go through your own and perhaps someone else’s as well.
Happy Friday! Here’s the breakdown for the day:
- First, make careful edits (perhaps use a highlighter to make sure you made each one and then reread) to your cover letter before uploading it to your digital portfolio. I suggest Scribd again, however, your cover letter will be easier to fix the formatting with if you do not want to use Scribd. Make sure I see this uploaded today.
- You are choosing two interview questions from your SLHS interview question sheet to answer. You must include the question (I suggest bolding the question above the response) and a 5-7 complete sentence response. You are uploading this as well. It can be on its own page. Make sure you are also starting to look over the other requirements for your digital portfolio. I will give you time on Tuesday in class to work on the other required items in your digital portfolio, but the published, finalized link is due to me by May 5th along with your notebook.
- Homework: Pgs. 35-72 in The Last Lecture for Monday!