We finished watching and discussing the film and corresponding questions. On Monday, we will introduce our SSR concept/mind map project (3rd hour’s and 4th hour’s). We will be completing this on Monday before heading up to the lab to select a book from the following reading list to begin reading on Wednesday.
The following articles correspond to your future concept/mind map topics:
- Benefits of SSR in the classroom
- Why high schools should cut the classics and introduce more YA Lit
- Why schools should keep teaching the classics
- Why high school students hate reading
- Why many Ss have to take remedial reading courses their freshman year of college
Homework: College Essay Rolling deadline begins tomorrow (here’s the final checklist) and ends Monday!
and…your 20% project work time begins tomorrow! Brainstorm!