We began the day by first writing a final copy of our thank you notes for our mock interviewers. I provided thank you notes. You had to get this checked by me before sealing the envelope.
Next, we debriefed Catcher and began introducing A Raisin in the Sun with this video about housing discrimination titled “Hiding in Plain Sight: The Walls that Divide Us.” You took notes on what you heard in your notebooks (we watched till 3:37). We will finish the video on Monday before submitting our notebooks and Catcher novels. Here’s our final unit’s calendar–we will look at it on Monday.
Remember, your Catcher response paper is due by Monday morning at 7:40 a.m. I asked if you had any final questions before you got out of here today.
Notebooks are due Monday:
- Catcher annotations for all 26 chapters
- J.D. Salinger Notes
- 4/14 Bell Work about 50s school photo, what does it mean to leave childhood behind, and 3 questions we have about the reading of Ch. 1-3
- 4/19 bell work about an object of significance and how lying plays a role in the text
- 4/21 bell work: Why do kids try to grow up so quickly? What’s the rush?
- Defense Mechanisms 5 with examples/explanations
- 5/6 bell work: 1. How did the Mock Interviews go? Explain what went well and what still needs improvement. 2. Explain your understanding of Holden and Phoebe’s relationship. Use a properly cited quote to support your answer.